Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Getting to know Artka




Who :: Artka, fashion designer
Where :: Shanghai, China
How did you start designing clothing :: I didn't know what I wanted to do after graduated from art school in 2005. I remember that summer I was in down mood living in my parents guest room trying to figure out what I want to do with my life... One day, I saw a piece of beautiful floral fabric with pastel colours and told myself it would make me really happy if I could wear this piece of cloth. So I used my Mom's sewing machine and made myself a dress! After that I started to make sun dresses and found out people actually are willing to pay for them...We still make this design today - emma lady dress. I am thankful that I found my dream and made it happen. It's not always easy and smooth but I am proud I followed it through...


What's your inspiration :: Almost everything - traditional Asian folk art, Bohemian, Vintage style... I don't want to frame myself so I can enjoy designing. My design filled with passion and I want my clothing be free spirit which can be transfered to whoever wears them...

Click to view Artka's collection

No comments: