Friday, October 12, 2012

Blogger Spotlight: Ilene from Much Love, illy!



1- Hi illy. Welcome to our blogger spotlight this week. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself? and your fashion style?

Hello! Thank you for having me! My name is Ilene (aka illy) of Much Love, illy, a fashion and lifestyle blog. I am 28 years old, currently working from home full time as a blogger and a handmade online business owner. I am addicted to coffee, love random dancing (living room, street, kitchen, etc.) and a believer in cupcakes being better than actual cake. I also eat too much candy, laugh way too much and sleep way too little.

My fashion style is pretty eclectic. One day you might see me walking around in all colors of the rainbow, while the next day I’ll be rocking a more bohemian look with more neutral colors. It really all depends on my mood! That is why I am a firm believer that fashion is more than what you put on in the morning - it truly is an expression of yourself! 



2- Where do you get most of your clothes and accessories?

I am a huge fan of online shops (like Asian iCandy!)  where there is a variety of designers and styles. I also feel like I won’t run into someone on the street with the exact same outfit as me! However, I’m not afraid of retail stores like Forever 21 or Belk. Since I love re-mixing pieces, I love taking a “normal” look and putting a little twist to it - whether adding a pops of color or using contrasting pieces.



3- What are the trends that you are loving this season?

Oooooh, fun! I am obsessed with all things leather right now. I have my eye on some liquid leggings that I saw online, and I recently got my hands on a black motorcycle jacket. I cannot wait for the temperatures to drop so that I can rock that jacket with something girly or floral! I also am excited about continuing the trend of floppy hats, ankle boots, and wearing lots of gold and black! 






{ Embroidered Messenger Bag }
4. What do you like about this embroidery purse and what/when would you wear this for?

I adore the detail in this purse and can easily see me using this for a weekend getaway! It’s so roomy - and if you know me at all, I need lots of room when I’m traveling! I actually am planning on using it this weekend when I go visit my fiance and his family. Woohoo!
(read Ilene's post here)

5. How about this embroidery dress? What are the details that you like the most about it and what/when would you wear this for?

Am I allowed to mention details again?! I think that is my favorite part of Asian iCandy products! Everything is created with so much detail - and oh, can we talk about color! I am obsessed with the colors of this dress. The teal and the pops of pink against the black is phenomenal! And we can’t forget the amazing cut of the collar - it is divine! What I especially love about the embroidery dress is that is so seasonal. This winter, I plan to continue to rock it with a pair of tights and boots and a leather jacket. Then come summer, this dress and a pair of strappy sandals is perfect for a date night! (read Ilene's post here)





{ Embroidered Curved Dress }

6. Any other favorite boho style items you'd choose from our store on your list?

Another fun question! I have my eye on the embroidery summer dress and especially the contrast floral long sleeve dress. So many gorgeous pieces to choose from!

7- Last but not least, since we are in the midst of autumn, what do you like the most/favorite thing to do for this season?

I love food, so all of the autumn flavored foods and drinks that come during this time of the year makes me super giddy! From hot apple cider to pumpkin, they all make me one happy girl!



Thank you so much illy! Shop her picks here!



1 comment:

Elle Johns said...

Loving the design on the bag! :) Your blog is awesome-just became a member/follower of your blog. I hope you'll follow me back and we can keep in touch. Happy Blogging!!!



Elle xoxo

www.thehighfeather.com 
High Feather Twitter
High Feather Facebook